Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I don't know what we were thinking

Many years ago I lived with two roommates in Long Beach, CA. We all had artistic ideas and other blah blah blah like that. We started the magazine Beggars & Cheeseburgers as the final outgrowth of whatever we were always talking about.

Beggars & Cheeseburgers started somewhere else, though. We planned to make a comic about mundane people having super powers that they used to overcome annoyances. We made one version of it and never came back to it. That eventually led to Beggars & Cheeseburgers which was, for as long as it lasted, a pretty successful zine.

I just dug through my hard drive and found the comic that started it all.

I remember we wanted to post these up as posters around the city so that each "issue" would be at a different location whenever it came out and we'd have a website telling people where to go see it. It's still a workable and decent idea, I think.

The first comic, pretty bizarre.


No comments:

Post a Comment