Friday, June 29, 2012

Two days of no water

When I got back from California on Monday night there was a piece of paper posted to my door.

IMPORTANT UPDATE
TOMORROW! WATER WILL BE OFF BUT WILL BE TURNED ON AGAIN AT NIGHT.
MAKE SURE YOU TAKE YOUR SHOWERS BEFORE 7:30 IN THE MORNING
FILL UP CUPS WITH WATER SO YOU CAN FLUSH YOUR TOILET

It said something like that. First thing in the morning, around 7:45, I had to relieve my bowels. I completely forgot about the note left on my door as I was delirious and you don't remember things when you have to use the potty.

I tried to flush and realized there was no water.

I searched "water off" and I got this image of God knows what. 


All fine and good. The landlord warned us at least. The last 3 times they shut off the water, there was no warning. The first time it happened I was all set to pickle eggs. I threw a lot of unboiled eggs at the wall and said, "Fuck."

The water was turned back on at night and we were able to flush that toilet. The next day, the water was off again. All day. From 7am to 7pm. And then shut off again at 7:30pm until midnight.

Mind you, it's 105 degrees in Austin. I went out to my 'balcony' and called the landlord's office to complain. I had a very measured but obviously pissed off tone. I looked around and saw nobody else was as pissed as I was. There were people playing basketball in 105 degree weather.

About five minutes after my call to the office, our neighbor comes out yelling and screaming. She was probably getting into a fight with her girlfriend again. Nope. She was on the phone.

"Fuck y'all, this shit is unbelievable. The water's been like this for two fucking days and you got god damned Roto Rooter breaking more than they can fix. Fuck this shit!"

Repeat this for another five minutes.

Thank God for people that blow up when you're too afraid to.

No comments:

Post a Comment